|Updated SVRS Instructions for Entering New and Former Residents - Presidential Only Ballots.pdf||45.92 KB|
Updated instructions for entering Presidential-Only Ballots for New and Former Residents have been posted on the G.A.B. website under the SVRS Application Training Manual as Appendix D. SVRS Application Training Manual: http://gab.wi.gov/clerks/education-training/svrs-manual
The following is a brief overview of the rules for New and Former Residents who will be requesting Presidential-Only Ballots.
Any New Resident of the State who would be an eligible elector except for the 28-day residency requirement, or any Former Resident of the State who is ineligible in their new home state to vote due to a residency requirement, may apply for a Presidential-Only Absentee Ballot.
- Must apply and vote in-person, no earlier than 27 days before the election, and no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day before the election.
- Should note that this time frame is only specific to a New Resident voting for the Presidential-Only Absentee Ballot.
- May also apply and vote for ‘President-Only’ on Election Day at the polling place.
- Must complete a special absentee application/cancellation (GAB-141).
- Are not required to complete the GAB-131, and are not registered.
- Must however, provide proof of residence.
- Must apply within 24 months of leaving Wisconsin.
- Must be sent by-mail application using a special absentee application (GAB-140).
- Must have this form notarized.
- Should note that there is no specific deadline before the election to apply.
- Are not required to provide proof of residence.
Deadline for Return of the Presidential-Only Ballot
- Friday 4:00 p.m. after the election, if postmarked by November 6, 2012, Election Day.