|Data Requests Memo.pdf||116.66 KB|
|Statement on Data Availability and Quality.pdf||110.84 KB|
Please review the attached memorandum regarding public records requests, and voter data requests, as well as the revised statement about data availability and quality. The memorandum is summarized in the bulleted comments below.
Public Records Requests
• The G.A.B. has received several public records requests for elections statistics listed on the GAB-190 Form, including cost data;
• By law, we are required to comply with these public records requests;
• Clerks may update their GAB-190 reports using WEDCS, or by contact the G.A.B. by phone or email; and,
• The G.A.B. has also revised the statement about data availability and quality to include information about election, voting, and registration statistics. These revised statements is included with this communication.
Voter Data Requests From SVRS
• The G.A.B. expects data requests to increase leading up to the November 6 General and Presidential Election;
• The price for data from SVRS is set by Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code;
• Clerks may process requests for their jurisdiction through SVRS, or the requests can be referred to the G.A.B.;
• The money received from requests remains with the municipality, county, or G.A.B., whichever jurisdiction produces and provides the report.
If you have questions, please contact the G.A.B. HelpDesk at (608) 261-2028, or GABHelpdesk@wi.gov. Thanks!