|SVRS Memo 3-5-12.pdf||48.56 KB|
|SVRS 2012 Spring Election Checklist II 3-5-12.pdf||97.3 KB|
|New PPAP and RUP directions 2-21-2012.pdf||184.37 KB|
About the April 3, 2012 Presidential Preference Vote and Spring Election
- The SVRS Checklist #2 for the April 2012 election is attached.
- The Presidential Preference election must be reported by Congressional District. This means that you may not combine more than one congressional district into a reporting unit. If you have two congressional districts in your municipality or even in the same ward (because new congressional district lines cross ward lines and you haven’t passed a new ward plan to fix this), you must track and report votes in the two districts separately. This means you may need different ballot styles and voting machines may have to be specially programmed. Updated directions for setting up Polling Place Assignment Plans and Reporting Unit Plans are attached.
- Counties and municipalities need to double check that their school district contests and multi-jurisdictional judge primaries have been correctly entered by the state. Because of changes to the districts types this year, the state is temporarily entering all school district contests and multi-jurisdictional judge contest. We have contacted every county and believe they are all entered. If these contests/candidates are incorrect in SVRS, you must contact the GAB to correct this by close of business on Wednesday, March 7th. After that, milestone #3 will be checked and we may not be able to fix them.
- G.A.B. staff will only be setting up school district and MJJ district contests. Counties and municipalities must set all other contests and candidates as they have in the past.
- There are new ballot position numbers to use when entering your contests. The updated numbers can be found on the G.A.B. website at http://gab.wi.gov/node/2209.
- Make sure that all of your data quality issues are fixed in SVRS before you issue absentee ballots.
- The districts listed on the ballot label must be correct, or voters must be manually assigned to the correct district if the map in SVRS is wrong.
- New Polling Place Assignment Plans and Reporting Unit Plans must be created.
- Voters with no district combo must be fixed before they can be sent absentee ballots or show up on the poll list.
- Geocode exceptions and Address/Boundary exceptions must be verified to ensure voters are placed in the correct district.
- If you have a school district contest, voters on the School District Exception report must be verified.
- Please double check the converted addresses from the spreadsheet emailed to you by the G.A.B. Most do not have to be fixed, but a few addresses may be incorrect. Please check the tab for your absentee addresses before sending ballots.
- Normal data quality checks, like Felon and Death record matches, still need to be completed.
- You can find the redistricting training documents on the G.A.B. website. Simply follow this link: http://gab.wi.gov/node/2130 . A compilation of frequently asked questions has recently been posted on the website to assist you.
If you have questions on post-election activities in SVRS, please contact the Help Desk at
608-261-2028, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
cc: Kevin J. Kennedy
Director and General Counsel
Government Accountability Board
Ross D. Hein
Government Accountability Board