|SVRS Memo 2-14-2012.pdf||51.83 KB|
|New Ballot Positions 2-13-2012.pdf||23.01 KB|
|2012 SVRS April Election Checklist I.pdf||38.57 KB|
Please note that this memo covers several important SVRS updates.
SVRS Checklist #1 for the April 2012 election is attached.
- Presidential Preference ballots must be issued to Military and Overseas voters by Wednesday, February 15th. Municipalities that use SVRS to issue absentee ballots will issue these ballots directly in SVRS. Directions are available in the Absentee Ballots chapter of the SVRS Manual – follow the directions for issuing state write-in ballots. The absentee ballot type will say “State Write-In Ballot” temporarily until the system is updated.
- SVRS self-providers and providers that do not use the full absentee functionality in SVRS must record that these Presidential Preference ballots have been sent using the Absentee Lite functionality. This must be done within 24 hours of the ballot being sent. Further directions are available in the Absentee Lite chapter of the SVRS Manual. Select the ballot type of “Presidential Preference Only Ballot”.
- Counties cannot enter School District or Multi-Jurisdictional Judge contests into SVRS for the April election. Instead, the G.A.B. will enter all of these contests and candidates using information that counties provide. Please send a list of contests and candidates to our help desk at GABHelpDesk@wi.gov, or fax them to 608-267-0500 attention Adam Harvell. We do not need address information, only the contest name, how many candidates an elector may vote for, and the name of all candidates. Note that this is separate from the ballot proofing process, so even if you send a ballot proof to David Buerger, Diane Lowe, or Steve Pickett, please send an additional list of contest and candidates to be entered into SVRS.
- Notify the G.A.B. if you have a Sanitary District contest on the ballot for the April Election. Please contact the G.A.B. Help Desk immediately at GABHelpDesk@wi.gov and let them know the name of the sanitary district that is on the April ballot. G.A.B. is loading Sanitary Districts into SVRS, and priority will be given to districts that impact the April Election.
- When entering other local contests into SVRS, please use the new contest number ranges attached . We had to update these numbers because the G.A.B. will be entering hundreds of school district contests which need to display in the correct order on sample ballots on the VPA website, and the old numbering system wasn’t set up for that type of entry. New contest number ranges for the August Partisan Primary are included in the same document.
- The G.A.B. will be automatically updating all Military and Overseas Absentee Applications in SVRS to comply with new legislation. These applications are now valid for only one year, so they will be set to expire on 12/31/2012. Applications set up for only certain election types will be switched from a February Presidential Preference to an April Presidential Preference and from a September Partisan Primary to an August Partisan Primary. Clerks are encouraged to double check these changes before they issues Presidential Preference ballots.
- Beginning in April 2012, only military and overseas voters may receive ballots by fax or email. If any other voters are set up to receive their absentee ballots by fax or email, SVRS users must correct these applications individually. Often this will involve contacting the voter and replacing their email address or fax number with a mailing address. You can find these applications by using the Vote Location field in the Absentee Applications node of SVRS.
- Many clerks have asked us about a street listing report for use at the polling place in February. We are correcting minor issues with that report and will send a separate email with directions as soon as it is available for use, ideally by Friday, February 17th.
If you have questions on the Redistricting project, please continue to use the incident tracker at the following link: http://wisapps.wi.gov/sites/GAB/Incident/default.aspx. . If you need to contact the Help Desk, the email address is email@example.com. Thank you.
cc: Kevin J. Kennedy
Director and General Counsel
Government Accountability Board
Government Accountability Board