|Clerks Memo (Redistricting Update July 21 2011).pdf||43.25 KB|
|Redistricting Timeline (July 21 2011).pdf||68.33 KB|
Many of you have inquired about the status of the 2010 Census Redistricting implementation. This memorandum provides updates. Please read this information in its entirety as this is an important status that clerks should be aware of as municipalities and counties finalize their respective redistricting plans.
- The new district boundaries will not be in effect until 2012. Clerks should NOT make any changes in SVRS for the new boundaries at this time.
- District management will be changing in SVRS by November 2011. G.A.B. will be importing the new districts maps into SVRS using GIS technologies. Clerks will NOT be required to update address ranges for the new districts until January 2012.
- G.A.B. is collaborating with the Legislative Technology Service Bureau (LTSB) and the University of Wisconsin Applied Population Lab (UW APL) to eliminate needless duplication of effort. G.A.B. will be contacting the GIS staff in each county soon to request GIS files for electoral districts.
- More information will be forthcoming on how the new GIS maps will work in SVRS.
- Please refer to the attached Redistricting Timeline for more information on the major milestones and dates related to redistricting.
We wish we had more specific and definitive information to share with you, especially in light of actions being taken by our Legislature. As soon as we have something meaningful and accurate to share with you, we will continue to do so.
If you have questions, please contact the G.A.B. Help Desk at email@example.com or 608-261-2028. Thank you.
cc: Kevin J. Kennedy
Director and General Counsel
Government Accountability Board