|Canvass Memo 11-12-10.pdf||39.82 KB|
Thank you for your continuous hard work and attention to detail as we canvass and work towards certifying the Election Results for the 2010 November General Election. Several county clerks are conducting recounts in three legislative districts. The recount results will need to be added into the new Canvass Reporting System. The process for entering recounts results into the Canvass Reporting System requires County Clerks to wait until after the Military Amendment has been completed to input recount results. This places additional importance on entering the Military Amendment and verifying those results by Monday, November 22, 2010.
Military and overseas electors have until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 19, 2010 to return an absentee ballot to be counted if postmarked by Election Day, and if no ballot was counted for the military or overseas elector on Election Day. This is a friendly reminder of the timeline for making amendments to your canvass due to late-arriving military or overseas ballots:
• The Canvass Reporting System will be placed in the “Military Amendment” results set as soon as all counties have verified their original canvass. (We are currently waiting for two counties to finish.). Counties will be notified when the Canvass Reporting System has been placed in the Military Amendment results set.
• Counties must wait until after November 19th at 5:00 p.m. but no later than 9:00 a.m. Monday, November 22nd to meet with their County Board of Canvassers to count and/or reject the returned military and overseas absentee ballots, amend the results in the Canvass System, and verify the results.
• Important: If there are no outstanding military and overseas absentee ballots to be counted or rejected, in your county, you must still select “verify” in the Canvass System.
• All counties must have verified their Military Amendment by Monday, November 22, 2010, even if there were no changes made to the Canvass, before the Canvass System can be placed in the “Recount results” so that counties with recounts may enter recount results into the Reporting System.
• Remember to have your Board of Canvassers sign the “Federal/State Office Certification Report for G.A.B.,” scan and email (or fax) the signed report to firstname.lastname@example.org, and mail the original document to G.A.B.
We know you are working hard with post election activities and just want to remind you to keep November 22, 2010 on you calendar so we can continue to move along in the canvass process. Thank you for your continued cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact an Elections Specialist.
cc: Kevin J. Kennedy
Director and General Counsel
Government Accountability Board