• For the 2010 General Election, the following standards apply to the format of certified names as they should appear on the ballot:
• Names may be printed in upper case or mixed case, as long as consistent throughout the ballot.
• Periods must appear after any initial.
• In the case of J.B. Van Hollen, there is no space between the first period and “B.”
• After the 2010 General Election, the G.A.B. will issue formal standards with the respect to the format of names certified to the ballot for subsequent elections. Our Clerk Partners will be solicited for input on name formatting standards.
• When entering names of candidates in the SVRS "Candidate Filing" Screen in the "Name on Ballot" field, SVRS Users should:
• Enter the candidate names in upper case.
• Put periods after any initial.
• This provides consistency of candidate names as they will appear in the sample ballots on Voter Public Access (VPA).
• SVRS questions can be directed to the G.A.B. Help Desk at 608-261-2028 or GABHelpDesk@wi.gov.
Questions about ballot format? Please contact Diane Lowe at 608-266-3276. Email: email@example.com
Cc: Ballot Printers (Command Central, ES&S, Dominion, Illinois Office Supply, Roto Graphic)